A friend of mine wanted to scan in a picture to publish it onto Facebook.The all-in-one used was a Canon MG2100.
As each of the “Canon Solution Menu EX” works slightly different so I had to listen to what they were doing at the other end of the phone and hope that I could talk them through some sort of solution (without having the User Guide).
- We managed to scan using auto scan
- Then I was told that there was only a “Save as PDF” available (not quite correct but as always – we only see what we want to see)
- So we saved the scan as PDF – oops where did it get saved to?
- My instructions were:
- click the Windows (Start) icon ->
- click “Recent Items” on the left ->
- find and click on the “just saved PDF file”.
- So now we have the file open – what next?
- Use the “Snipping Tool” – (which can be found by click the Windows (Start) icon ->
- Click “All Programs” ->
- find and click “Accessories” ->
- and approximately in the middle of that list select and click “Snipping Tool”).
- When started it automatically is ready to snipe i.e. what you had on the screen is slightly greyed out
- so now it’s just a matter of selecting the area you want to snipe –
- click top left and drag the courser to the down right end position –
- let go of the mouse and your selection is now placed on the clipboard and visible in the “Snipping Tool” window.
- You can now either save the image directly from the “Snipping Tool” or paste it into any applications – like Word, eMail or an image manipulation program.
That’s it – I am not telling you how to post/publish on Facebook.
I downloaded the Canon MG2100 user manual and saw that we could have skipped the PDF file and the snipping, but as I like the “Snipping Tool” I am only glad to pass that information on as well.