Microsoft Office Word 2016 – Custom Dictionaries
I don’t know about you but I regularly add word to my “spelling checker” mainly to get rid of the red-wave-underlining that clutters the main mistakes. So, I add names of people and other words, but sometimes I add a wrong word and now need to remove it from the dictionary.
This is how to get to and modify your Custom Dictionary:
1. Open the proofing options:
· In most Office programs: Click File > Options > Proofing.
· In Outlook: Click File > Options > Mail > Spelling and Autocorrect > Proofing.
· In InfoPath: Click Home > Spelling > Check Spelling Options.
2. Make sure the Suggest from main dictionary only check box is cleared.
3. Click Custom Dictionaries.
All dictionaries (if you have more than one) are listed here, with the default dictionary at the top.
Published on: Sep 4, 2018 on my WordPress site